Thursday, May 21, 2015

What Movie Technology Do You Wish Was Real?

I noticed this article on technologies presented in the movies that we wished was real. Interesting that the #1 thing on the list was a light saber from Star Wars. There was never a time when I wished I had one of those. I'd just take a phaser from Star Trek. Then again, I think the military already has that.

I don't want something that hurts humanity. We already have enough of that. I think that's a big problem with mankind. We're always looking for new ways to hurt each other. We're such a war like race. Well, the powers that be like to whip us unto a frenzy to kill each other.

One technology I didn't notice on the list was The Matrix. Maybe not in the sense of the movie where we don't know it. Plugging in when you want to and living the kind of life you'd like to live would be tempting. The Matrix could give you what you wanted.

You could feel it. You could taste it. You would be there when you were plugged in. Star Trek has The Holodeck, which is nice. However, The Matrix seems like it would feel even more real. Then again, it wouldn't be real, would it? What would be the point? We wouldn't be dealing with the world's problems, would we?

Time travel would be a good one. The Delorean from Back To The Future, the telephone booth from Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventures. I like the way Christopher Reeve did it in Somewhere In Time. He used his mind. Then again, that wasn't technology. Anyway, time travel would be nice.

Really, the thing that I like the most is the transporter from Star Trek. Teleporting from one place to another would be a game changing technology. For that matter, so would a starship like The Enterprise. We don't have that as far as I know. But, I like the idea of teleportation.

You could go anywhere you wanted in the world in an instant and still be home by bedtime. You could visit one of the seven wonders of the world, shop at the best stores, check out any big event or just visit family and friends. We'd never be too far away from the people we care about. Teleportation would be the thing I'd want the most.

More on this story: http://wallstcheatsheet.com/entertainment/10-fictional-technologies-portrayed-in-movies-that-we-wish-were-real.html/?a=viewall