Wednesday, July 1, 2020

Why I Have To Distance Myself From The Corey Feldman Saga


I've written a few articles that I may or may not post. I find a lot of what Corey Feldman is up to these days and what he's been revealing in his documentary and interviews to be problematic. It doesn't pass the BS test for me, and I simply can't make excuses for him because he was a victim as a child. What he's done has gone beyond that. I also don't believe that he's been completely honest and I am somewhat suspicious of the possibility that he's deflecting experiences that happened to him onto his supposed best friend.

Have you ever been drawn to something that you know is just bad? Like driving by an accident and knowing you shouldn't look, but you can't help yourself? This is what the Corey Feldman saga feels like to me these days. I'm emotionally invested in the story not necessarily just because of Feldman. True, I was a big fan of his when I was growing up and have always wanted to see him do okay in the world. I've been invested in this story because I know there's a dirty little secret going on in Hollywood that goes on in all facets of our world. It's used to control people and keep them in line at the expense of innocent lives. It disgusts me.

I've been looking at Corey Feldman and his story because I'm very suspicious of the idea that he knows much more than he is telling us now or will ever tell us. Furthermore, I think one of the reasons why people are more willing to listen to him is because they believe the same thing. Despite some of the problematic things that he's done since becoming a reality TV star 20 years ago, there are people who want to give him the benefit of the doubt. People are waiting for him to tell them something that he'll never say. Maybe he has nothing to say or maybe he does and will never say it. The problem is there's that sliver of doubt in people's minds that keeps them coming back to Feldman in the hopes of hearing something truthful. 

I've watched as some sort of LARP has developed online. People are taking sides against him in an organized fashion. They've been called the Wolfpack, and they have revealed some startling evidence against Feldman. Feldman has alleged that Corey Haim's mother is behind the group, and at this point I don't give a damn. I respect a woman who just wants to honor and remember her son, whom she loved. 

You don't want to look at any of this stuff, but you get drawn to it. The real problem is you're losing sight of what's important here. At least, I feel like I'm losing sight of it. It's the children who have gone through hell not just in Hollywood but in other facets of life at the hands of some disgusting adults. Children have died and continue to die over this, and it seems like nothing is done about it. Furthermore, some people even get on social media and make jokes about it. It's funny to them. It's disgusting to me. 

I cannot condone Corey Feldman telling a story that is not his to tell. I can only say I wish he'd tell his own story and leave it at that. I can only say I wish he would be truthful, but that's entirely up to him. Just as it's up to the Haim family to decide what needs to be said or doesn't need to be said on behalf of Corey Haim. 

It's the family's story to tell, and they get dragged through the mud every time Corey Feldman opens his mouth. Corey Haim is dead, and what saddens me is people aren't even remembering the person anymore. I point a finger of blame at Corey Feldman, and at this point even asking him to stop seems useless. Does he even care? I have my doubts.