Sunday, November 16, 2014

What's Your Sign?

Have you ever had somebody ask you want your sign is?  It's like a cliche, a pickup line at the bar.  Or, people believe that their signs make a difference in compatibility.  I'm a Virgo, so they say Capricorns, Tauruses and Virgos are good signs for me.  Also, Pisces, Cancer and Scorpio.  I don't know if that's true.  I know two of my best friends are Libras.

There are traits that people in certain signs have.  Like us Virgos are sometimes very analytical and can live inside our heads a bit.  Or Leo's like to be the center of attention, the big stars.  Leo and Virgo are not compatible, or so they say.  I don't think that's the case.

I think we can be compatible with any sign, provided we know and understand the person we are entering a relationship with.  If each person understands the other and their traits, and there's give and take, it can work for them.  I don't believe in absolutes.  There are shades of gray.

I used to laugh at astrology.  You see Horoscopes in the newspaper and just know they are pretty much B.S.  Today you will have success at work if you are a Virgo.  That's not necessarily true.  Those horoscopes are pretty much for entertainment purposes.

But, an astrologist who really knows what they are doing can use the stars to help a person understand when it's best to pursue business ventures, relationships, buy a new home and all of that.  There is something to all of it, and some rich and influential people understand that.

So, I guess I can understand why "What's Your sign" can be a question people get asked when they meet. It can give them a basic understanding of a person, but your sign isn't all you are.  Staying away from somebody because of their sign may not be a good move.  That person could be your best friend or more.  You never know.