Monday, November 10, 2014

Jumping Through Hoops To Write At A Blog Site

As I continue to search for places to write articles and earn money, I have found that some places  want you to jump through hoops to get something posted.  I understand some of that, but I've read the stuff others have posted at two places in particular.

There are some good articles, but there are others that look like they could easily be posts on a message board.  One site gave me issues about violating their links policy when I didn't post links.  I used a feature their site has that put links in my articles.  Those links did me no good.  I just assumed they helped the site, and that's why the feature was there.

They monitor new writers for three posts, and my third post had no problems.  I assumed the fourth one would clear, but it's a week later and still pending.  It's not a big deal to me.  They pay half a penny per view, so I have earned a couple dimes at this point.  They aren't even bothering to respond and tell me if the article is good or not.  They just ignore me.

It's a bit humiliating to be treated like my writing isn't good enough when I have been published in magazines and newspapers.  I may not be the best writer, but I don't suck either.  Some of the stuff they have posted is questionable in my opinion, but it is there.  Yet, I must wait.  The site looks like a waste of time, and I may pull my articles.  I don't have time to waste over mere pennies.

I joined another site that pays a little better, but now I must wait to see if my first article clears there too.  I almost don't even care at this point.  This is the way these sites go.  It's their playground.  It's their rules, and they can do what they will.  You agree when you sign up.  I know the drill.

I'm in the wrong business.  Perhaps I need to open up a content mill website and let others write for me.  If I had the programming skills and the connections for good ad revenue, I'd do it.  Some of these sites are making good money.  Some don't even care what goes through there as long as its not adult oriented.  They take a cut of everything that goes through.

On the other hand, is opening up a click mine for worthless content really something to do?  I guess you do what you can for the almighty dollar.  After all, I'm posting articles on the internet to try and earn a little money.  And this article is complaining about the process.  How sad is that?