Wednesday, November 22, 2023

Thoughts On The Do Not Comply Movie



Thoughts On The Do Not Comply Movie

I saw a Do Not Comply trending on X this morning. I figured that might be something to do with not complying with certain mandates the government puts on us. I understand the distrust. I have a heavy dose of mistrust in me as well, and I think there's reason to be that way. 

This is coming from people who would call themselves members of the truth movement. What I've seen in that area that is alarming to me is how they've shifted from not believing in any party to becoming Republicans and saying that the agenda they're fighting is from the Democrat side and the left.

I find that to be a joke. One of the people that they are bowing down to now because he took over a social media site could have a hand in the very thing they're fighting against. I'm not going to unpack that statement here as I just want to offer observation on the movie.

In the movie, they needed to get little jabs in at what they call woke as well as the trans community. I don't understand the paranoia against trans people as they are a marginalized community. Also, is the movie saying that we in the trans community can't agree with much of what they are saying? Not all of the trans community fits neatly into their basket. Some of us like the freedoms the truthers say they like.

What the 25-minute movie did was tell of a near future where we are being controlled. We are put in housing sectors and monitored for compliance. It speaks of forced vaccinations, rationing, the environment and forcing people to ultimately eat bugs. I've heard all of this, and I know there are people in power who push for that.

It's important to know that when you're reading about people in think tanks and who wield a little bit of power, it doesn't mean that every little thing that they're pushing for will happen. The human equation comes into play and things change. However, the movie speaks to the fact that our compliance will put us under their control if we don't speak up against things that we feel are questionable.

Is there any truth to that? Is there any sort of agenda at play? Are there people in the world who want to put us under a system of control? Take a look at the world, and you tell me. Look at the way technology is being used. I know what I think, but I encourage you to think. I think there's an obvious answer here.

In reading the comment section of this video, there are a lot of people who would consider themselves patriots. They aren't going to comply and so on. One of the ways they would make you comply is by making it harder for you not to comply. Automation and using computers and machines to do everything is one way of doing it. I was just at a store that encourages people to use self-checkout, but I prefer to go to a human to checkout.

There was the odd comment or two that said people who like their freedom of choice are selfish. I think that's an odd thing to say, especially if the commenter is an American. That is something I don't know, but our country was founded on freedom. I'm quite certain our founding fathers would have encouraged us to speak up and use our voices when we feel something isn't right.

The world is changing. Nobody can deny that. In my lifetime, I've seen us go from having to get up to use the phone and having to get up to change the TV channel. I remember a time when there were just 13 channels on the dial and a few others on the UHF dial. Now, we've gone beyond TV to apps that show specific genres of entertainment. That's just one aspect of the change.

It's important to note that technology can make our lives better. Technology doesn't have to have a nefarious agenda attached to it. It can be what we're being told it is at face value. However, it's important for us to use our heads and engage in critical thinking. It's not selfish to want your freedom, and here is something to remember. Just because you want your freedom doesn't mean you're not the type of person who would help other people when you can. That doesn't make you selfish. It makes you a critical thinker.

That goes to my belief that we are getting divided into camps. If you look at things from a Republican or conservative viewpoint, increasingly you don't want to talk to somebody from a Democrat or liberal point of view. We don't learn and grow that way, and there's something else to consider. If there is an agenda at work here, one of the things they would do to accomplish their goal is divide us into our own camps.