Friday, February 3, 2023

Indiegogo Campaign Launched For Trans Created Film, Again Again

Indiegogo Campaign Launched For Trans Created Film, Again Again 

Transgender Actress/Writer Mia Moore and Experimental Artist/Filmmaker Alexa Feeney just launched an Indiegogo campaign for a movie they are creating independently. It's called Again Again.
 

It's sort of a Groundhog Day type of movie in which a woman named Agatha is stuck in a time loop for 10 years. However, everything isn't wonderful when she gets out of the time loop. She wants answers. She's struggling to make sense of it all. She's struggling to reconnect with her childhood friend and love of her life, Tess.

First of all, I'm a big fan of independent created work. This is stuff that is done outside of Hollywood, where the creators have more control. They rely on fan donations to make it happen. I've enjoyed a lot of "gaming geek" type of stuff, such as Journey Quest, Standard Action, Space Janitors and other such projects. These type of things span all types of genres.

You see fan created series, which generally release on sites like YouTube in 10-15 minute episodes. Other times, people just create whole movies like Mia is doing, and they do it on a very slim budget. It's amazing what people can do on small budgets. Given the technology we have these days, they can produce things with very good quality.

If you assemble a good crew who knows how to work with less and acquire the things that are needed, people who know how to write and people who can act, you'd be amazed by what you can accomplish.

This is something I'd like to be involved with. I am a writer and I'd love to create some sort of web series or just shorts on different subjects. Given budget, I'd probably start with dialogue driven things. I already have a few ideas in mind.

When it comes to the transgender community, we get marginalized and ignored. When Hollywood has made movies starring trans characters, frequently they put cisgender women in the roles. Or, when they've dealt with people under the trans umbrella, frequently they are the butt of the jokes and not to be taken seriously.

With independent created content, we can change that. What Mia, Alexa and their team are doing is significant. They want $80,000 to film in Washington, and I think the budget is reasonable.

The story they want to tell is intriguing, and I'd like to see this project get completed. In fact, I'd like to see this go so well that Mia and her amazing team are able to continue to do these things.

About a decade ago, Kerri Cecil had gotten out of film school and was looking to do some things. Brittany Blackmon was involved in that as well. In fact, Brittany did a little short called I'm Still Here, starring trans adult entertainer Vaniity.

They didn't have the budget for something with dialogue, so this movie relied on her emoting in different scenes. She was grieving the loss of the one she loved while her teddy bear looked on as if to say, "I'm still here."

Kerri and Brittany did a few more things, and they always featured transgender performers. I liked that, but I wasn't aware it was happening at the time.

They had an ambitious project called The Wi-Fi Killer, which once again was going to star Vaniity. The sad fact is when they opened up an Indiegogo campaign, people complained about them wanting more money.

I do understand that the trans community is pretty marginalized and doesn't always have a lot of money. Some people might have had the perception that this was a money grab, but it was merely the creators of this movie trying to fund what they were doing and do it in better quality. Kerri was a bit dark in what she was doing, but I thought she had intriguing ideas, such as a transgender superhero.

When I see somebody step up and want to feature trans performers, I take notice. If/when I ever get to be involved in something like this, I want trans performers.

I do stuff with animation right now, and some of my avatars are trans. Granted, I'm more in the erotica vein in this endeavor, but what I'd like to do would be more mainstream.

As was mentioned in the promo about Again Again on their campaign site, too often if you do see a trans performer in a movie, they're dealing with being trans.

It's as if that's the only thing to the trans existence. However, we live regular lives otherwise. We have loves, we have jobs, we have struggles other than our self-identity and it's important to tell these stories.

I like the idea that Again Again is dealing with somebody coming out of a time loop and not just resuming normal life as if it's all great. She was in a time loop with somebody else. So, she's dealing with reconnecting with that person, who doesn't know what happened in the time loop. There's so much potential for good drama and dialogue here, and I'm excited to see the finished product.

What I want to do is spread the word. I believe they are already 10% in on the fundraising towards their $80,000 goal. I'd like them to get to that point and even have a stretch goal. This type of thing costs money. People are getting paid to do jobs, they need props and wardrobe and other expenses may need to be covered. 

They won't get the Hollywood budget for this. If they hit a stretch goal, maybe they get six figures, but even that isn't a lot of money. It's enough to allow resourceful people to tell a good story that we can all enjoy. For that reason, I would urge people to support the indiegogo campaign for Again Again.