Wednesday, March 8, 2017

Did Elmer Really Have To Shoot Him Now?


Elmer Fudd was a sick man. He was a millionaire, but I think his money went to his head or something. He is way too obsessed with Bugs Bunny. Honestly, I can't blame him. Bugs is a bit of annoying twit. Don't get me wrong, he's funny, but I can't blame Elmer or Yosemite Sam or anybody for wanting to get him.

Even Daffy Duck wanted to get him. I like Daffy. He's more like most of us than Bugs. Oh sure, we all want to be the winner all the time like Bugs, but we're more like Daffy. We win some and we lose some, and that guy who seems like he wins all the time can be annoying.

On occasion, Bugs and Daffy crossed paths when it was hunting season. That meant that twisted little man, Mr. Fudd, would be back with his gun, and he was looking for a rabbit. He never seemed to realize that Bugs was much smarter than him.

Daffy saw him coming, but he wasn't smart enough to leave and let Elmer hunt the "Squiwey Wabbit" instead. No, Daffy thought he could help Elmer get that rabbit and save his own behind. He could never match wits with Bugs.

Bugs would do whatever it took to fool Elmer, and it always made me wonder about that rabbit. I mean, Mr. Bunny had women's clothes at home, and it turns out he was pretty good at makeup application too. He even had a feminine voice. Is there something you wanted to tell us Bugs? It's okay. We love you either way.

Bugs' feminine charms would work on Elmer, but of course the rabbit played hard to get. Then the rabbit and the duck argued over what season it was. Elmer was so stupid he couldn't even remember what season it was without seeing the poster on the tree in the forest. Yeah, not too bright.

Then, it came down to the final argument. Bugs and Daffey would argue over when Elmer had to shoot them. That argument always confused the duck for some reason. We never really heard what Elmer wanted to do. I always assumed he wanted to shoot them there, but did he?

I think a movie about Elmer would be interesting. I'd call it Fudd. Just one word, Fudd. We'd get a glimpse into the life of the eccentric millionaire. What must his life be like at home and running his company? Why did he let that rabbit and that duck torment him so much? I think I may be putting too much thought into this.