Wednesday, November 9, 2016

A Few Thoughts On The 2016 Presidential Election Outcome


I had no horse in the Presidential race, because I didn't support either of the two major candidates, although I dislike our President Elect less.  I think we dodged a bullet and perhaps, I say perhaps, we've slowed the decline in this country. Too soon to tell.

I see the stars that are supposed to be leaving if their girl doesn't win. While I certainly won't miss any of them, I'm sad to see Snoop Dogg on that list. It is my hope that he'll spark one up, legally now, write a rap song about it and forget about it. If he can do that with Samuel Jackson, that would be great.

Mr. Trump has said a lot of things, and one of them has to do with lifting up the black community by giving them tax breaks to help build the inner cities again. So, these two men, whom I've found entertaining, could be a part of inspiring blacks to step up and be the leaders in "Making America Great Again" that Mr. Trump would like them to be.

I watched the election in amazement. I expected that the fix was in, and I personally believe it was. The problem was, they couldn't fix it enough. I believe Mrs. Clinton may have been in shock, which led to her waiting to give a concession speech.

I want to emphasize that "Liberal Media" is not a real term to me. It's "Corporate Media" for reasons I could get into another time. You WOULD NOT have Rush Limbaugh, Sean Hannity, Fox News and so on if it were truly a Liberal Media. People are being manipulated, but it's much more sophisticated than that, in my opinion.

Anyway, the media was in shock too. You can say they were wrong in the polls, which they were, but the fix was in. The problem was the people who voted for Mr. Trump did so in bigger numbers than they could switch to Clinton or others. Some who did vote Trump unfortunately didn't ultimately do so. The fix was supposed to be in. The media could have called the electoral win much sooner, and they did not. The media may have even been hoping for a 2000-like controversy. The media was NOT on Trump's side at any time and tried to bury him at every opportunity.

I question why Clinton did not accept her obvious defeat. If she has the "leadership skills" she boasts about, sometimes that means coming out at a time like this and being gracious. That didn't happen until this morning. Why? Well, at the time it was known that she lost, Trump still led the popular vote, and there were also protests getting started with typical vandalism in several areas.

She probably knew that the Popular Vote would swing her way for all to see, and we can engage in the argument of whether Electoral Votes should decide things. I wrote in one of my books how I thought there could be riots if Popular and Electoral had different winners and admitted I was surprised it didn't happen in 2000. Well, the anger is obvious in this country now. Will this election be what finally sparks it?

Nobody should be surprised by this outcome. This whole election was about people wanting REAL change, not slogans that mean nothing. The powers that be buried it at every opportunity.  Bernie Sanders should have been the Democrat against Trump, but the powers that be robbed him. There was growing interest in the third party alternatives, Dr. Jill Stein and Gary Johnson, and the media ignored them and did their best to bury them.

By the way, Johnson still got over 4 million votes, the biggest total in Libertarian Party history. Dr. Stein had 1.2 million, which is the biggest Green total since Ralph Nader in 2000. Despite their effort to bury the third party candidates, over 6 million voted for them. Imagine what might have been if Dr. Stein and Johnson had been allowed into the debate? But, they weren't allowed. That is NOT what the powers that be wanted.

And, the powers that be CLEARLY wanted Clinton. I predicted three years ago that we'd get forced another Bush or Clinton on election day, and they tried to give us Clinton. They did not want Trump, and they tried to make him go away. How many of you thought that man was a joke? I did. I've watched this guy since the 1980's, and was never particularly a fan. All the people lamenting the NFL because players are overpaid and not standing for the National Anthem, we had a pretty neat alternative called the USFL in the 1980's until Trump got a hold of it.

That is NOT a deal breaker to me, and there is more to life than sports. I've looked at things he's said and done through the years and just shook my head. He's always been about self promotion and money. I just figured he'd run long enough to turn it into a business opportunity, a new book, a TV show or network or whatever. How many of you thought the same thing?

Then, he butted heads with Bush. I admit that was a beautiful thing. What he said to Mrs. Clinton in that debate about locking her up... Priceless. He would NOT go away. Ultimately, I could not make the choice between the lesser of two evils, though I felt he was slightly less evil. I also don't believe he's in the pocket of the same powers that have run this county since Bush Sr. However, there is more than one faction of "The Elite" running this world, and they themselves fight for control. I also hold out hope in my book that perhaps there are those in that group who actually care about us commoners. It is my belief that the people pulling the strings of the other recent presidents do not care about us.

So, is Trump different? What makes him better than Obama, Clinton or either Bush? Can he make it to Reagan or Kennedy level? That brings me to another thought. I have listened to what our President Elect has been saying. Releasing the 28 pages? Cutting taxes and building our country, investigating Clinton, term limits to remove career politicians, securing our borders, bringing jobs back to this country and on and on...

I listened to that speech he gave early in the morning on election day in Michigan, and damned if that wasn't inspiring. Was that Reagan or Trump? Does he mean it? I went to bed thinking to myself that this is a time for Trump believers to pray to God (Well, I believe) or all that is good for a couple of reasons.

Pray that this man believes what he says as far as fixing this country, really cares about us and will be working hard to do what he says. He will need all the help he can get, because the powers he is fighting are dug in deep now. Secondly, pray for his safety. If he truly means it, he is not a safe man now. I mean, look at Reagan and Kennedy. They tried to kill Reagan and they did kill Kennedy, a public execution that our country still hasn't healed from all these years later.

Pray for the healing of this country. I don't know about you, but I can feel it. The planet, the people... There's a sad energy or something that I have felt for years, but we can still fix it. We have to start caring. We have to reach out to people who still hold different views and find common ground. We are all Americans. We are all citizens of this planet. We all bleed red, and we ultimately have a lot more in common than we may realize.

I don't think our country can handle much more of things going the way they have in recent years. If you sincerely blame Obama and somehow ignore Bush, you are deluding yourself. If you think either of them truly ran the show... If Trump doesn't believe his own words, it will become obvious quickly and things will just get worse. If he believes it, the work is just beginning. It will be a long, long process, because we didn't get here over night.

Don't hate others who didn't vote the way you did. I do not hate anybody who voted their conscience. I know a lot of my friends on social media voted Trump. You wanted it, you got it. Don't expect him to do it all. He still needs you to be leaders by doing your part to actually help make this country great. I have good friends who voted Clinton, and I still love them because they are people I have seen do their part to make this country great without a politician telling them to.

That's my opinion on this election. Live your lives to the fullest, love with all of your heart and be happy. Real change in the wold starts locally and spreads from city to city, county to county, state to state and so on.