Monday, April 1, 2024

Beyoncé Makes A Country Song, Country Stars Come Unhinged

Beyoncé Makes A Country Song, Country Stars Come Unhinged

I don't have my finger on the pulse of the pop music or country music industry. I listen to stuff and I know what I like. I've always felt that Beyoncé has an amazing voice. Going back to her days in Destiny's Child, I've appreciated her music.

Since I'm on X quite a bit, I see a popular meme that recycles. Eliminate one artist from the list. Usually they've got Michael Jackson, Prince, Whitney Houston, Madonna and Beyoncé. This is a meme designed to mock Beyoncé. She's an amazing talent, but the other four defined pop music in the '80s.

I can't blame music artists for redefining themselves or taking creative chances. You can feel like you're in a rut creatively, like you're making the same album over and over again. 

When an artist redefines themselves, as Madonna did through the years, there's a risk of fans not accepting them. These days, Madonna takes flak for her age. That seems silly to me.

Beyoncé decided to make country music, and certain artists are making it about race. No music genre should belong to any one group. I'm into Latin Pop, though I don't speak the language. I would love to see one of the popular American artists take a shot at this with respect to the genre.

Beyoncé made a song called Texas Hold 'Em from her Cowboy Carter album and it's not bad. It's definitely country sounding. To me, country music took a sharp left turn from what I liked about it years ago. It's not exactly country to me. They put an element of pop into it, so it lends itself to artists like Beyoncé coming in and doing their thing too.

I think white artists throwing a fit over Beyoncé are as bad as black artists getting upset when white people rap. People generally do these things in respect of the music and because they want to create something in that genre. I think that's the case with Beyoncé.

You don't have to like what Beyoncé is doing. I think it's a pretty good song. If you don't like it, you can always move on to something you do like.